SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
This two-day SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course prepares you, a current Scrum Master, for your leadership role in facilitating the Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementation. The training program covers the facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances your knowledge of the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices and the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value. You’ll also learn about supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the more extensive program and enterprise contexts. The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training program provides you with the actionable tools you need to build high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise. After taking the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
- Program or Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Release Train Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
- Program Manager
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master *Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – SASM 4 = 42 out of 60 (70%); SASM 5 = 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.